Monday 8 September 2014

Sustainable House Day 2014

Yesterday I had the privilege to be invited to 666 ABC Radio Canberra to talk to Lish about how glazing contributes to a sustainable house.  After 8 years of peddling double glazing to the Canberra market, I now believe that I have traction and more and more people are understanding why energy efficient windows and doors are importation the insulation package of their home.

After I finished at 666, I headed out to Googong as a guest speaker in the Shaw Living "Tinderry" House and gave two half hour talks on energy efficient windows.  We had an audience of people who are looking to build new homes and those that want to improve their existing home.  If I could put on a "light bulb" moment for several families then I did my job well yesterday.

I would like to see the Building Code changed to make insulated windows mandatory - not only for my business but for the future of Canberra.  I can't understand why we are so heavy on the insulation of walls and ceilings but completely forget the wall spaces that contain windows and doors where we put in a single piece of glass.  No Brainer really!

www.solacecreations.com.au


Karen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.